— Yaacob Ibrahim (@YaacobIbrahim) June 11, 2015
Online social networking platform Twitter has officially opened its Asia Pacific headquarters in Singapore.
The new regional headquarters will be home to a wide range of business functions, including sales, partnerships, marketing, HR, finance, user services, legal, policy, and trust & safety.
In addition to the #RealTimeLab in its new office, there are plans to hire technical staff, including data analytics professionals, product specialists, engineering and technology support, to create a regional hub for live, digital innovations in Singapore.
Singapore’s Minister for Communications & Information, Dr. Yaacob Ibrahim (@YaacobIbrahim), attended the HQ’s opening ceremony hosted by Shailesh Rao (@shaileshrao), Twitter’s vice president of Asia Pacific, Americas and emerging markets, and Aliza Knox (@alizaknox), Twitter’s managing director of online sales, Asia Pacific.
“The Asia Pacific region is already one of the largest and fastest growing regions for Twitter today, and there still is enormous potential to show people, partners and advertisers the value of our platform, from Japan to India to Australia,” said Rao.
“This is a milestone in Twitter’s history and we’re hiring the best and brightest to take our company to the next phase of regional growth as well as create a hub of innovation in Singapore,” said Knox.
“As one of the top technology platforms in the world today, we were looking for a regional base in a pro-business environment with other regional leaders and customers, easy connectivity to the rest of the region, and a world-class talent pool across multiple functions – Singapore was the clear choice for us,” Knox added.
Dr. Yaacob Ibrahim, Minister of Communication and Information (second from right) celebrates the official opening of Twitter’s APAC headquarters with (from left) Parminder Singh, Managing Director for SEA, India & MENA, Shailesh Rao, Vice President, Asia Pacific, Americas & Emerging Markets, and Aliza Knox, Managing Director of Online Sales, APAC.
In addition to the office opening ceremony, the company organized other #Home4Good activities to celebrate the special occasion with the local community, including:
– #TweetHunt office tours to showcase the company culture and work environment that make Twitter one of the best companies to work for
– #TweetTalks for power users, advertisers and agencies to share their experiences on the platform
– #Twitter4Women event with top women leaders in Singapore to discuss the use of Twitter for professional and personal development
– An evening function for Twitter friends including an #Auction4Good for @TwitterSG graffiti artwork and #Bites4Good to get Ben & Jerry’s ice cream cones, with donations from both activities going to charity
– #Twitter4Good partnership with the Media Literacy Council, relevant government bodies and NGOs to hold an upcoming workshop to promote safe and responsible use of social media in Singapore.