Diageo Global Travel and DFS Group, have launched the first Johnnie Walker House in Southeast Asia at Singapore’s Changi Airport. The retail showcase is located within DFS Group’s new Wines & Spirits flagship store, in the central atrium of the departure concourse at Changi Airport’s Terminal 3. The establishment of Johnnie Walker House Singapore marks the seventh addition to the expanding international network of whisky embassies. This follows the success of existing flagships in Shanghai, Beijing, Seoul and Chengdu, as well as travel retail theatres in the airports of Taipei and Mumbai.
When travellers step into Johnnie Walker House Singapore, they are transported into a retail theatre of a larger-than-life luxury steamer trunk. Designed and built by award-winning Singapore-based design agency Asylum, the highly tactile environment of leather, copper, marble, bronze, wood and steel finishing, together with the following features, brings to life the history, provenance and pioneering spirit of Johnnie Walker:
– A multi-sensory retail setting, complete with a signature scent ambience emitting the six flavour characteristics of Johnnie Walker Blue Label, instantly transporting travellers to the Scottish Highlands.
– Exclusive “theatrical mentoring” sessions, which are immersions in the Johnnie Walker brand and product universe, through a combination of education and entertainment, and storytelling and trial, led by brand ambassadors.
– A tasting bar where clients can enjoy the pinnacle of whiskies from the Johnnie Walker Super Deluxe portfolio.
– A ‘whisky constellation wall’ dedicated to the Johnnie Walker heritage of the Art of Blending, and provides a comprehensive index for Single Malt Scotch Whiskies.
– Privileges extended to members of the Johnnie Walker House –World of Privileges loyalty programme.
To commemorate the inauguration of Johnnie Walker House Singapore, a limited edition of Johnnie Walker Blue Label will be exclusively available at Changi Airport. The ivory-colored bottle features the landscape of Scotland and the skyline of Singapore in the brand’s hallmark Willow design.