WardrobeTrendsFashion’s 2017 Top 100 Fashion Schools list, includes a ranking of the World’s Top 100 Fashion Schools, based on a methodology that assesses academic reputation, employer reputation, quality of teaching, and diversity. The WardrobeTrendsFashion Magazine’s Top 100 Fashion School Rankings has been conducted annually since 2012. Over the past couple of months, we conducted a survey to find the best fashion schools in the world. To generate the list, we surveyed more than 58,000 former students, fashion houses, fashion recruitment consultants, fashion designers, and industry professionals.
(Photo: De Montfort University via Student World Online)
WardrobeTrendsFashion today announced the 2017 Best Fashion Schools rankings, featuring top-performing fashion institutions in the World. The Best Fashion Schools rankings evaluate data on more than 300+ fashion schools. Studying in a world-renowned fashion school is practically everyone’s dream. A shortlist of 100 top fashion institutions have been ranked according to 3 factors: learning experience, influence, and value. We have received many inquiries from the surveys of where their voted universities are on the rankings, thus this year, we have added an additional 10 institutions, just to show those universities which almost made it into WardrobeTrendsFashion’s Top 100.
However it is not an easy task to decide which of these elite colleges you want to be in. WardrobeTrendsFashion’s rating is based on a simple and pragmatic survey that asked how valuable each fashion school’s program really is; WardrobeTrendsFashion ‘Fashion School Rankings’ is designed to help prospective students navigate this increasingly complex fashion education landscape. The tenets of our methodology remain the same, but each year we aim to refine. This year, the factors we have considered include:
- Annual tuition: Art and design schools are generally expensive, although tuition can vary drastically and, at many colleges, it increases each year. The number you see on each college’s page does not include room and board and incidentals. While tuition is not the most heavily weighted category on our list of criteria, we did factor the cost into our rankings as it relates to the cost of living in the area where the corresponding school is located.
- Famous & successfully placed alumni: Famous alumni are something that we consider, yes, but we also reward schools with great placement rates. Just because a school hasn’t produced a marquee name (yet) doesn’t mean it isn’t good. Every single one of these schools has placed students in major fashion houses, commercial labels and other important fashion businesses. Behind every Alber Elbaz, Nicolas Ghesquiere and Alexander Wang is a talented support staff helping to ensure everything runs smoothly. And getting paid good money to do it.
- Student and alumni feedback: We surveyed thousands of past and present students about their experiences at each school.
- Other measurements: We also considered the quality of the faculty, the practical and business training on offer, social life, career counseling and financial aid options.
- Others of note: We spend hours upon hours researching and reporting on these schools — each school name below links to a page detailing our findings. No list is entirely scientific, but it is objective. Keep this in mind if you don’t see your favorite school here or disagree with the ranking your alma mater received.
London’s Central Saint Martins (CSM), takes the No. 1 spot, followed by Bunka Gakuen at No. 2 and Kingston University at No. 3. All of these schools are comparable in terms of academics, quality of staff, and amazing campuses. Compare it versus last year’s 2016 ranking.
Discover the top 100 fashion schools worldwide with WardrobeTrendsFashion in the table below.
2017 Top 100 Fashion Schools In The World
WardrobeTrendsFashion Award Winner Logos
If you use this logos to signify your WardrobeTrendsFashion wins in the 2017 Top 100 Fashion Schools In The World you agree to use them AS IS. You agree to NOT alter them in any way, other than to resize them. If you wish to render an altered version of one or more of these logos you must first receive approval from us.
If you use this logos online, please link it to open to this url http://wardrobetrendsfashion.com/top-100-fashion-schools-world-2017-ranking/ in a new tab or browser window.
The .PNG files are sufficiently high-resolution for print production.